Have course sections remember collapsed / expanded state
fieldstar last edited by
Although you can set the default state (collapsed or expanded) for sections on the edit course settings page, these defaults seem to be reapplied every time a user renters) a course, even if they have collapsed or expanded some sections last time they were in.
It would be better if the system remembered the collapsed / expanded status for each section each time user leaves the course main page and returns them to the last state when they return. (For info, the Moodle plugin 'format_topcoll' does do this).
Thanks for your idea.
We will certainly look into this feature and if feasible we shall implement this feature in the upcoming updates of Edwiser Course format plugin.
Rajiv Sathian last edited by
We are planning to implement this feature as part of next update of Edwiser RemUI-Course Formats plugin.
In order to implement this feature we will use local storage to keep track of all sections.
This will be user end workflow:
- User will set the course activities as collapsed (for example),
- User can see the section state (collapsed / expanded) even if s/he refresh the page.
- Can see section state even if s/he left the page and come back to course page after some time.
- Can see section state even if s/he logout from the system.
Note : Need to check time here.
- The user if switches his/her browser or log into the site from another device then they won't see the course activities as per their preference.
Question: Do you think, we should track section state on the permanent basis. For example, user can see the same section state on different system and sessions?